ABOUT PHOTOVOLTAICS TECHNOLOGY CLUSTER
PV Technology Cluster is a non-governmental group established at the beginning of 2008 in Vilnius uniting industry and R&T institutions.
The objective of the Cluster is to consolidate 33 Lithuanian companies and research institutions operating in PV technologies sector in order to increase sustainability and competitiveness of national PV sector.
Currently 5 state and 2 private research centres, 1 foreign and 23 Lithuanian companies operating in various sectors related to photovoltaic technologies, one private person and one company operating in non-PV related sector joined the Cluster.
PV Technology Cluster’s activities are coordinated by private non-profit research institution Applied Research Institute for Prospective Technologies (www.protechnology.lt)
- Development of a collaborative network joining domestic and external business, research and education companies and organizations, encouraging innovation and facilitating investments.
- Joint development, production and marketing of high added-value and quality photovoltaic products, solutions and services.
- Analysis of evolution and tendencies of photovoltaic technologies, industry and markets as well as R&D; identification of competitive advantages of the FTK members and their present and future needs.
- Raising markets for PV products and services in Lithuania and abroad and fostering of technological modernization of Lithuanian PV sector.
- Improvement of social image and investment attraction of PV sector.
- Development of education system oriented to training of highly competent specialists for PV and related areas.
- Integration of Cluster and its members into international collaborative networks and projects.
- Strenghtening of collaboration between research organizations and business companies, promotion of RTD and innovations.
- Concentrating of creative potential of Lithuanian manufacturing companies and R&D institutions working in photovoltaics and related areas and involving universities, research institutions, students and individual professionals into joint actions.
- Encouraging of high-skilled jobs, implementation of corporate social responsibility principles.